Daraius, the owner of Million Mile Secrets, has traveled around the world and earned over a million miles through travel hacking and leveraging loyalty programs. His blog is popular and definitely no secret.
I want to spend this Thursday morning featuring a great article he wrote last year about what to do when denied for a credit card. (It happens. Don’t panic: there are still ways to turn it around in your favor.) Rather than rewrite the post of a master miles enthusiast & traveler, I am just going to link it right here (just click) for you to read.
I am, however, copying and pasting over all the Reconsideration numbers here for reference. Feel free to have it. These numbers are usually buried or kept secret, so having a direct number to reach Reconsideration is always important since you don’t want to have to wait on hold for redirects from one department to another.
1. American Express Credit Card Reconsideration
- 877-399-3083 / 866-379-3643 – new accounts
- 800 230 1284 – credit services
- 800 582 6471 – new accounts/reconsideration, but agents don’t usually process applications immediately.
2. Bank Of America Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-458-8805 – connects directly to a credit analyst
- 877-721-9405 – application status press 3
3. Barclay’s Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-369-1283 – connects directly to a credit analyst (personal)
- 866-408-4064 – for business cards
4. Chase Credit Card Reconsideration
- 888-245-0625 connects directly to a personal card credit analyst
- 800-453-9719 connects directly to a business card credit analyst
- 888–609–7805 connects to the application status department
5. Citibank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-763-9795 – credit department
- 866-606-2787 – application status
- 888-201-4523 – application status
You are usually more successful when you write to: CitiBank Executive Review Department, P.O. Box 6000, Sioux Falls, SD 57117.
5. US Bank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-947-1444 – reconsideration
- 800-685-7680 – reconsideration