Bing, Microsoft’s major search engine and one of the big competitors to Google’s search engine, is offering a free 200 bonus points for new Bing users when they sign up through another Bing user’s referral link. If you are new to Bing, here is the link that you can sign up with for a free 200 bonus points.
What are these Bing points worth anyway?
- You earn Bing points by completing searches on Bing.com or simply visiting Bing.com and clicking on the daily bonus points
- You can earn about 500 Bing points every month if you actively participate
- Every 100 points is the equivalent of $1
- I personally prefer redeeming for either Amazon $5 gift cards (which I treat like cash) or directly with 500 Swagbucks points, which can actually be redeemed on Swagbucks for actual cash through a Paypal payment.
- When you become a Gold Bing user, you can receive a 5% discount on redemptions
So no one is getting rich overnight through Bing Rewards, but it’s a nice little bonus gift at the end of the month if you spend a couple of minutes every day just visiting Bing.com. This promotion gives you a quick 200 points (or $2) jumpstart. Even if you aren’t planning on actively using Bing.com, it doesn’t hurt to collect the 200 points and store it for future use.
This promotion only lasts until the end of February 28, 2014. So if you want to get in on the free 200 points, sign up now!