Happy holidays, readers!
I love Christmas time and the holiday spirit that comes with it, so I’m particularly excited this time of year. That being said, I also have been having a great time with the PayPal Load Money cards that I blogged about earlier last week. Needlesstosay, I now think that they are arguably just as good as Vanilla Reloads due to the flexibility you have with Paypal accounts now in terms of withdrawing, paying at brick & mortar shops, or sending/receiving payment online.
Today’s money-related post is about how to maximize the Paypal Load Money cards and the PayPal POS (point of service) promotional offer for $10 off $30 with your next in-store purchase at Dollar General, Home Depot, Nine West, or Guitar Center.
But before I mention the steps to this process, I should note that this is a little bit experimental. Also, in order to maximize the full potential, it takes quite a few extra steps than simply skipping to step # 7 and just going straight to the Dollar General. (Which you can totally do too and you’d still be ahead in terms of money.) PayPal’s in-store payment system is also very new, so there is a chance this may not work at all at your local Dollar General. But seeing how PayPal
Here are the steps you have to take to get in on this money offer and really maximize it:
- First, go to my blog entry here to learn how you can buy a PayPal Load Money card at a CVS location.
- Then go to my blog entry here and follow the instructions to load the $10 off $30 offer. Choose Dollar General.
- NOTE: If you have never activated the in-store checkout option for PayPal, you should wait to receive your Paypal card that allows you to pay in-store first before you can fully participate in this offer. Just hit request card and you should get it within 5 business days. I do not know if Dollar General have the PayPal terminal that allow you to pay simply by entering in your PayPal info and pin. To be safe–unless you have a Dollar General nearby–I would recommend waiting for the card before adventuring out.
- OPTIONAL: Go purchase a prepaid gift card at an office supply store using your Chase Ink card to get 5x points
- Go to CVS and buy the PayPal Load Money card with either your favorite miles earning credit card, or with the prepaid gift card you just bought if you did the above optional step.
- Load the money from your new PayPal Load Money card to your consumer PayPal account at paypal.com/cash
- Now go to your closest Dollar General location and find the PayPal Load Money card and purchase it using your Paypal card. Make sure to load at LEAST $26.05 onto the Paypal Load Money card to hit the minimum of $30. (The purchase fee should count towards it.)
- That’s it! After the purchase you should shortly receive an email confirming that you saved $10. Yay! Money and miles!
- And of course, unless you are gifting the money away, don’t forget to load your money to your PayPal account at paypal.com/cash.