Starwood is running a special social media promotion (specifically on FourSquare) with TicketMaster, where they will give out a free $10 cash code for TicketMaster to anyone who links, registers, and participates (simply by checking in on FourSquare) to any of their Starwood hotels. They are also giving out an unlimited number of $50 cash code for every three nights you stay at a Starwood hotel from now till May 5, 2013! (Follow instructions for register first!)
Here is how you get in on this:
- If you do not have a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) account yet, you can create one for free here.
- Go here and link your SPG account with your social media accounts–namely FourSquare
- Register for the promotion by clicking here
- Then go use FourSquare to check into any Starwood hotel.
- After your first check-in on FourSquare during an eligible stay, you will receive a $10 discount code for TicketMaster.
- And for every three nights you stay with Starwood between April 5 and May 5, 2013, you will receive a $50 TicketMaster cash code. (No limit to the number of $50 codes you can receive! Just make sure you have your SPG number attached to your bookings.)
Cash codes for TicketMaster! How AWESOME is that? You might be able to get your next set of concert tickets for cheap or even free! Remember you can earn an UNLIMITED amount of those $50 codes!
Hat tip for the info goes to New Girl in the Air! 🙂
UPDATE at 11:25 aM on 4/8/13: Based off of some other information I read on a blog, I originally posted that you could receive the $10 cash code without having to stay at any Starwood property. However, I am led to believe that is not the case, and that you can only earn the $10 cash code for TicketMaster when you check into FourSquare during any eligible stay tied to your SPG number. I also just gave check-in a try (not currently staying at a SPG property), and received no code yet. You can go ahead and still try checking in without an associated stay, but it looks like you will need to actually be checking in during a stay at a Starwood hotel. (Make sure the stay is tied to your SPG number.) Sorry for any confusion!