During the fourth quarter of 2012, I had posted a few entries about PayPal’s new point-of-service program which allows for use of PayPal as a checkout method in actual brick & mortar stores. To celebrate the promotion, PayPal was offering money-back deals and also even free money just for signing up.
It seems as if the Home Depot promotion has returned! PayPal users can now sign up for the in-store checkout service, if you have not yet already, and then load this promotion onto their PayPal account to receive $10 off any purchase of $50 or more at Home Depot!
Here’s how to load the offer:
- Sign up for your free PayPal personal account if you have not already done so. If you already have a personal account (business does not work with this so create a separate personal account), then just log in.
- Make sure you have in-store checkout activated. You can activate it by going to Settings > Payment Preferences > In-store checkout
- Go to this page here and load the offer for Home Depot. (Note: LIMITED quantities for the offer, so do this sooner than later!)
- Now that the offer is loaded, go to Home Depot and pay with PayPal using a PayPal payment card or your registered phone number and PIN on the PayPal Pay Terminal at the cashier. (Make sure the amount totals to $50 or more!)
- Discount should show up automatically on your PayPal statement. That’s it!
Remember, the PayPal payment card is not a credit card nor a debit card, and can only be used at stores participating with the PayPal checkout program. The PayPal payment card is mailed to your home address 1-2 weeks after you activate in-store checkout.
And once again, the promotional offer is limited in quantities and also will expire. If you are interested in getting in on this deal, act fast!