American Express via their Sync Rewards has a new reward where synced American Express credit cardholders can buy a $25 American Express gift card and get $10 back on their credit card statement. That’s essentially $10 for free since we’re talking about a cash gift card here! This is a great way to get the most mileage out of your American Express credit card, especially if there are any annual fees associated to it.
To get in on this offer:
- You MUST have an American Express credit card or charge card. Prepaid cards and gift cards are NOT valid for any sync rewards.
- Make sure you have registered your card with Twitter at sync.americanexpress.com/twitter
- Follow @AmexSync on Twitter
- Tweet a message with the following hashtag: #BuyAmexGiftCard25
- You should receive a confirmation message from @AmexSync asking you to confirm the purchase for the $25 AMEX gift card using the AMEX credit card you synced.
- You MUST reply back in a tweet with #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25 (note: this will confirm the purchase of a $25 gift card for you on your AMEX credit card!)
- Your confirmation message may actually be a custom link to update your shipping information if AMEX does not have that info linked for your Twitter AMEX Sync.
- The gift card will be mailed to you in a few days. You should see the statement credit automatically reflected on your statement.
UPDATE 3:49 PM Pacific 2/12/13: If you did not get in on this offer already from yesterday, then unfortunately it’s already dead! The limited quantities have been sold out. Rumor is that they sold over 25,000 gift cards in less than 24 hours!