Ok. This one is really just too good to pass over, and Adam over at Point Me to the Plane has the complete details. Here’s a snippet of the United miles portion from Adam:
From Adam’s blog:
Flyertalk member Samson7256 had a great first post yesterday, highlighting a potential way to earn some easy miles with AA, DL, UA, US, and WN. He was looking for a way to add some extra miles and came across a New York Times offer in the UA MileagePlus Shopping portal awarding 1400 miles for new digital subscribers. For the first four weeks it is only 99 cents and you can cancel at any time. However, he notes that the miles posted within only two weeks and he was then able to repeat the offer for the same MileagePlus account. Even better, other posters confirmed that the offer is also available in the portals for American, Delta, US Airways, and Southwest. Here’s how to get the deal:
United – 900 or 1400 miles
1) Browse over to the UA MileagePlus Shopping portal and log in.
2) In the top right corner type in New York Times in the search bar.
4) Click shop now…
5) Next, you’ll be asked to enter your zip code. If you enter a zip code that has NYT delivery available, you’ll only receive these standard delivery options, the cheapest starting at $6.35 per week.
6) However, if you put in a zip code where the NYT does not offer delivery, you’ll be given the option for a digital subscription at 99 cents for your first 4 weeks (38883 works). You can use your actual address when entering your billing information during the next step.
7) That’s it, according the original poster, miles posted to his and his wife’s account within two weeks.
Want to know more about the AA miles, Delta miles, Southwest miles, and U.S. miles too? Read the rest of Adam’s blog post about it.