American Express has added complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold status as a feature for their American Express Platinum card, Business Platinum card, and Mercedes-Benz Platinum card. Now through December 31, 2013, Platinum cardholders can call the customer service number on the back of your card to request an instant upgrade to Hilton HHonors Gold status!
Your Hilton HHonors status is upgraded immediately and is good until the end of 2014, so be sure to call soon!
It normally requires requires 20 stays, 40 nights or earning 75,000 HHonors points within a calendar year to get Hilton HHonors Gold Status.
Hilton HHonors Gold perks:
- Complimentary high-speed internet access
- Room upgrades based upon availability
- 25% bonus on all HHonors Base Points with every stay
- 5th nights are free for any room reservation of 5 nights or more
- Late checkout available
- Complimentary Health Club access to hotel owned and operated facilities
- Various additional perks (such as complimentary continental breakfast at Conrad hotels) at specific brands.
I personally value the complimentary high-speed internet access since internet costs can get a little bit pricey, especially when you’re traveling abroad. The 25% bonus on HHonors points are nice, although I don’t value HHonors points that much these days.
Gold status is definitely a worthwhile effort if it’ll come complimentary for one of your cards. I recently added the American Express Hilton HHonors Surpass card to my wallet because it gives me instant Hilton HHonors Gold status.