United’s MileagePlusShopping Portal is offering a special 1,000 bonus United miles to cardholders of the Chase United Explorer card. Although it says that it is a targeted promotion only for those who received the email, it seems that anyone can use the direct link to the offer and receive the bonus miles.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up for MileagePlusShopping if you have not yet. IMPORTANT: Make sure you do NOT add your Explorer card yet as an added card!!
- Click on this link https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/cpromo____.htm?promoname=register
- Add your Explorer card to your registered cards using that link.
- After you do that, you should receive a congratulations telling you that you have received the 1,000 bonus miles.
- Wait 8-10 weeks for it to process. This is valid until the end of July.
If you already have an Explorer card enrolled and want to get in on this bonus promotion, you can go to Manage Cards (in the MileagePlusShopping portal) and choose to deactivate your card. Once it is deactivated (NOTE: deactivation takes 3 to 5 business days), then you will be able to use this promotion by using the link and adding the card again.
Here’s the fine print:
Terms & Conditions: Offer valid thru 7/31/12. To qualify for the 1,000 bonus award miles offer, you must register your MileagePlus Credit Card in the MileagePlus Shopping program during the time of this promotion. The maximum number of bonus miles that can be awarded to each qualifying member through this promotion is 1,000 bonus miles. This bonus offer is available only for members who received an email from MileagePlus Shopping. The bonus award miles will post to your MileagePlus account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date.