United Airlines (UA) announced today a new partnership with Marriott Hotels where through a new program called “‘RewardsPlus‘, United Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members can register for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it, while Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members can register for MileagePlus Premier Silver status, featuring some of our most popular Premier perks. Status offerings will be effective until Jan. 31, 2014.” On the flip side, Marriott Platinum Elite members will receive United Airlines Premier Silver status (United’s lowest elite tier) which features priority boarding and check-in.
Here are the benefits for Marriott Gold status:
- Guaranteed lounge access & Free breakfast at JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (resorts are excluded)
- Complimentary room upgrades (available on a space-available basis)
- Complimentary high-speed internet access at more than 3,700 hotels globally
- A 25 percent point bonus on all Marriott stays
- Priority late check-out (when available) and Gold Elite customized offers and awards
A sweet move for UA elite status holders who may not already have Marriott status.
Also, as an added value for members of both programs, beginning in August, all MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards members will receive a 20 percent discount when converting Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as a 10 percent bonus on MileagePlus miles with Marriott Rewards travel packages.
For information about RewardsPlus and to register for complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, visit united.com/rewardsplus. Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members can register for complimentary MileagePlus Premier Silver status at marriottrewards.com/rewardsplus