There is an amazing 100,000 American Airlines miles signup bonus floating around for the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Mastercard right now. That’s easily a roundtrip economy flight from North America to Asia or North America to Europe. Or if you’re banking business or first class, that’s more than enough for at least a one-way.
Some example mile redemption costs using their saver dates:
- Economy class one-way from San Jose, CA (SJC) to Sydney, Australia (SYD) = 37,500 miles
- Business class one-way SJC to SYD = is 62,500 miles
- First class one-way SJC to SYD = 72,500 miles
Just think of the possibilities!
Here’s the catch though: In order to qualify for the 100k bonus, you have to spend $10,000 within the first 3 months of card opening, and there is also a $450 annual fee attached to this card.
While the $10,000 is definitely steep, there are creative ways to manufacture that spend so that you aren’t actually shelling out $10,000 into a blackhole. That being said, $10,000 will still require either some large real purchases in the near future or some very aggressive creativity.
The $450 annual fee is what will probably pop out even more for some of you. That is a big amount. The card itself does come with Admiral’s Club membership (a $475 annual value), so if you fly American often, this might be worthwhile for you. For most people though, it’s justifying this fee that might be one of the biggest obstacles. It’s important to note that for the first year, you get $200 back in statement credits, so that $450 annual fee is really only $250. If you are able to complete the 100,000 miles signup bonus by spending $10,000 within 3 months, then the 100,000 miles you receive are EASILY worth over $250. In fact, even at the value of 1 cent each, that’s still at least $1000 cash value you’re essentially getting. Although if you redeem it for saver awards on American, you can easily leverage your 100,000 miles to be worth thousands of dollars.
Here is a list of the card benefits and the signup bonus:
- Apply now, get the card and earn 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $10,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership. Also, earn up to $200 in statement credits — earn $1 in statement credits for each $1 spent on purchases within the first 12 months of cardmembership.
- Elevate the way you travel with these luxury benefits: Admirals Club membership (a membership value of up to $475)
- Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 in purchases each calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com
- Priority Boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases
- Your first eligible checked bag is free
- SmartChip technology
- Expert Concierge Service
- $450 Annual Fee
- You will see that there are referral code and airport code blanks. You can just fill out your name and leave those empty and hit submit.
- You will still be taken to the application where you can apply.
It’s important to note though that this is NOT my personal link, so I cannot guarantee the 100,000 bonus miles. I would recommend taking a screenshot before applying. I will say though that I just applied for this card via this sign up offer and did get approved for it (after having to call in). The customer service representative on the line did confirm that the 100,000 bonus miles after $10k purchases within 3 months was on my account and that the welcome package would arrive within a week. He also confirmed that I will receive $200 in statement credits during the first 12 months. (Excellent.)
Because this deal is so lucrative, I do not expect it to last for too long. This is an AMAZING opportunity to get in on a huge miles bonus to fly you to where you want.
Hat tip to ThePointsGuy for this offer.