The 100,000 Avios points sign up offer has returned for the British Airways Visa Card offered by Chase! Those of you who have been following my blog know that I don’t often post credit card offers as a blog post. The reason why this is making front page for Monday is because the sign up bonus of 100k is DOUBLE the usual bonus Avios points offered for the standard sign-up bonus, and will most likely only be offered for a limited time.
In fact, this is a sign up bonus and card that I will be applying for in the next few days as well, so I thought I would share.
Here is the highlights of the sign-up offer:
- +50k: You get 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $2,000 in purchases on the card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- +25k: You get another 25,000 bonus Avios after $10,000 in purchases within the first year (or 12 months) of account opening. (The initial $2k you spend to receive the first bonus counts towards the $10k spend requirement.)
- +25k: Receive the final 25,000 bonus Avios after you make an additional $10,000 in purchases also within the first year of account opening, for a total spend requirement of $20,000 in the first twelve months of account opening in order to reap the full 100k bonus.
It’s true that this higher spend requirement to receive the full 100k Avios points may require some creative & planned spending (or focused spending) for many people, but it’s definitely a very lucrative offer once you’re able to fully earn all 100k Avios points! The points are great for business class seats from US to Europe, but don’t forget that British Airways is also part of the OneWorld alliance, so you can redeem the points for flights on domestic carriers such as American Airlines and Alaska Airlines as well!
How much exactly are British Avios worth and what are some example of flights you can take with them? I think Brian aka ThePointsGuy explains it best in his video blog post here. Check it out.
Here are some other highlights of the card itself:
- 2.5 Avios points per dollar spent on British Airways travel, and 1.25 Avios points for every dollar spent on the card for other purchases.
- Smart Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip-based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Companion certificate after $30,000 total in spend. If you obtain a companion certificate, you can use it to get a second miles ticket for absolutely free. Think of the possibilities with a USA to Europe business or first class flight while using this certificate! (Although granted, this feature may not be within everyone’s reach without some extra work.)
- $95 annual fee