American Express, which I have been blogging a lot about lately, is the proud sponsor of Small Business Saturday–a national effort to promote and support small businesses in the United States. This year’s Small Business Saturday is next Saturday, November 24th.
For American Express credit cardholders, this is an extra special day because if you enroll now with your AMEX credit card, you can get an one-time $25 statement credit for your purchase of $25 or more at any qualifying small business on Saturday, November 24, 2012!
Yes–that’s right–that’s essentially a FREE purchase. And the best part is that you can get one of these statement credits for each American Express credit card you are the primary cardholder for! (Sorry, prepaid cards and gift cards are not eligible.)
But the enrollment in the offer is limited, so make sure you enroll today! (If you have multiple American Express credit cards, make sure you enroll each one separately.)
For more information about Small Business Saturday, to enroll for this offer, or to see a list of qualifying businesses (there are a lot!), please visit the American Express Small Business Saturday website here.
Here are some more terms:
- Limit one (1) $25 statement credit per American Express Card. To be eligible, Cardmembers must enroll an eligible American Express Card in this offer at ShopSmall.com. Prepaid and Corporate Cards are not eligible.
- The number of enrollments is limited. Enrollment opens at 12:00AM MST (“Mountain Standard Time”) on November 18, 2012, and will continue until 11:59PM MST on November 24, 2012 unless the enrollment limit is reached sooner.
- To receive the $25 statement credit, the Cardmember must use his or her enrolled Card to spend $25 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Saturday, November 24, 2012. To receive the credit, the transaction must equal $25 or more (for example, if your transaction is only for $15, you will not receive a credit). Multiple transactions of less than $25 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $25. You may purchase multiple items that together equal $25 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction to receive the statement credit.
- Qualifying small business locations are those identified on the Shop Small® Map, available at ShopSmall.com. In addition, small business locations that accept American Express through Square also qualify and can be found on the Square Directory at https://squareup.com/directory/?cmpId=amex. Small business locations that do not appear on the Shop Small® Map or that do not accept American Express through Square will not qualify for the $25 statement credit offer. Please note that business location information provided on the Shop Small® Map and Square Directory may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties. Transactions with political campaigns or political action committees are not eligible, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small® Map or in the Square Directory.
- If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a qualifying small business location, the transaction will not qualify for the statement credit. For example, the following transactions will not be eligible for the credit: transactions made using an electronic wallet or any other transaction made through a third party; and transactions not made directly with the merchant.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant.
- Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.
Remember: Don’t wait, enroll your American Express credit card(s) now! Here’s the webpage.