Any cross-country airfare for less than $300 roundtrip is a deal. Any cross-country airfare for close to $200 roundtrip is a GREAT deal! This falls somewhere in between: U.S. Airways has roundtrip flights from San Francisco to Atlanta for $239 Roundtrip!
Unfortunately it seems that the date availability is limited, as many seats have certainly been sold already. But I did find a few availabilities still open for January and February that looked perfect.
Here are the details:
- Valid for travel until February, 2013.
- Availability is best in January and February, 2013.
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and input “us+” on both the outbound and return advanced routing code fields to only see US Airways availability.
- Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
- Pricing tested with SFO to ATL as the airports. Sample date used: January 8, 2013 – January 12, 2013
Kudos to TheFlightDeal for the deets and heads up.
On a side note, if you are feeling (frugally) adventurous and don’t really care much for amenities (i.e. snacks or entertainment or quality service), Airtrans Airways also has cheap roundtrip flights from SF to Atlanta for as low as $229.60 and with more availability left than U.S. Airways. I would only consider this option if you’re tight on money, patient, and are willing to travel light. I have personally never flown with Airtrans, but they have pretty horrible reviews….though most of the bad ones seem to be from folks expecting quality service & comforts. Again–I’m can’t recommend Airtrans, but I do understand that for some folks trying to stretch a small travel budget, every dollar matters–even if it’s sometimes at the cost of comfort.