I know I usually post travel destination deals on Mondays, but this is a FANTASTIC deal to visit the capital of Peru for only $437 roundtrip from LAX to LIM! At less than half the price of a normal roundtrip ticket, you’ll have the chance to explore Machu Picchu and the rest of Peru! Fares from California to Peru are usually anywhere from $800 to $1,000 economy roundtrip on most carriers.
Here’s what you need to know to score $437 roundtrip tickets from Los Angeles to Lima, Peru:
- Travel via Aeromexico
- Book at aeromexico.com
- Pricing is valid for travel till December 14, 2012 with some blackouts (especially around Thanksgiving).
- Pricing is specifically for LAX to LIM (Lima).
- Pricing from SFO jumps up around $80-$120 at best–still a good deal, though you might be able to get to LAX cheaper by another means.
- Flight gets you 8,364 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. Aeromexico is a partner of Delta and is a member of the SkyTeam alliance. This fare earns 100% mileage with Delta. Provide the Aeromexico checkin staff with your Delta SkyMiles number to receive credit.
- Pricing is also valid from Washington D.C. (IAD) to Lima (LIM)
Sample dates I checked were for Thursday, October 25 to Monday, October 29 (see featured photo in this post).
Sweet deal! Now go and explore Peru! (Coincidentally, I just had some really tasty Peruvian food yesterday at the Eat Real Festival. This sounds like a good destination. :))
If you’re planning on heading to Peru (or anywhere else) and you don’t need the fancy room service, I would highly recommend finding lodging via Airbnb. I am finding myself constantly renting out whole studio apartments in Bangkok, Thailand to Lisbon, Portugal for a fraction of the price as the best hotel rate. (My stay at Bangkok was $40/night and my upcoming stay in Lisbon, Portugal is $26/night for a whole studio apartment! –I’ll have more details about my Lisbon trip later on.) If you’re booking via Airbnb for the first time, you can use this link and it’ll get you $25 off your first stay.
Tip of the hat to the gents at TheFlightDeal.
p.s. I’ll still have a MTDD (Monday Travel Deal Destination) for you all tomorrow, so stay tuned! :]