Alaskan Airlines is running a special promotion for California residents right now. You can receive a unique $50 discount code for simply joining their loyalty program, “Mileage Plan,” between now through October 26, 2012. Joining their Mileage Plan is free!
- Offer valid through October 26, 2012.
- The $50 Discount Code sign-up offer is valid for new Mileage Plan member sign-ups only.
- The recipient of the discount code must be the traveler, and limit one discount code per person.
- Discount codes valid for $50 off a minimum of $100 fare (before taxes).
- Discount code is valid for travel between September 5, 2012 and November 10, 2012.
- $50 discount codes are valid for new ticket purchases at alaskanair.com.
- Must be a resident of California to qualify.
- Discount Code may be used for travel departing from California to any Alaska Airlines city (Prudhoe Bay excluded).
I have personally not flown Alaskan Air before, but to give out incentives to join a miles program that I normally would join anyway is just a sweet win-win deal. If you have any plans on traveling soon, Alaskan Air has great deals for travel within the west coast. They have also been having a lot of sales to Hawaii lately.
Unfortunately the promotion doesn’t allow the discount code to be used for their under $100 flights, or else you could leverage this similarly to the JetBlue discount code that was out last week. But it can still save you some extra money on some decent travel. I’ll look into some of the possible flight combinations, and will post any I find particularly juicy.