Free French Fries for all!
Well, all who have an American Express card, anyway.
American Express (AMEX) Sync Rewards have been one of the most fulfilling programs that I have experienced with a credit card company, and has made me appreciate each of my American Express cards even more.
If you are not familiar with AMEX Sync Rewards, then you should go to sync.americanexpress.com. In a nutshell, American Express releases promotions periodically where you can load statement credit offers for purchases with certain merchants. Still confused how it works? Read on about this offer and the instructions to get in on it.
AMEX is offering an one-time $5 statement credit for your $5 or more purchase at any McDonalds location (excluding McDonalds in Walmarts) for purchases made between now through 10/31/12. In order to receive the statement credit, you must use your synced AMEX card for the purchase & you must load the offer BEFORE making the purchase. Here are the step by step instructions:
- Go to sync.americanexpress.com and register your American Express card with the social media of your choice (I recommend Twitter and Foursquare, although you can sync all three with a single card).
- If you registered and synced via Twitter, simply tweet #AmexMcDs using the twitter account you synced. If you registered and synced via Facebook, go to the Link>Like>Love FB App and add the offer there. If you registered and synced via Foursquare, simply check-in to McDonalds before you make your purchase, then hit “load offer to card” when you see the AMEX offer. If you synced more than one of these, you only need to load the offer once on the social media medium of your choice.
- Once you have the offer loaded (remember, you can load the offer whenever and it is good until the promotion ends—so it’s usually better to load it as early as possible, since sometimes it’s limited quantities), just make a purchase of $5 or more at McDonalds using the AMEX card you synced by October 31, 2012.
- A $5 credit will appear on your statement credit within 3-7 business days. You generally should receive an email (usually within 5 mins of purchase) from American Express saying that the credit has been earned and will be applied.
- Note: Statement credit will only be received *once* per synced AMEX card.
While I don’t normally visit McDonalds, sync awards like these where you could potentially get 100% of your purchase back are just too good to not take advantage of! I’m sure a McFlurry on a hot day or some 20-piece chicken nuggets would work out well with this deal. 🙂
Also, keep in mind that it’s one sync award per American Express card that you sync. So if you have multiple AMEX cards, you can sync each one separately to a different one of your social medias, or you can just sync them to separate Twitter accounts, etc.